Doctors often prescribe a drug to control type 2 diabetes. However drugs have a number of side affects a that individuals would have to heal twice. Once from the diabetes and once from the drug . One drug in particular, Jardiance, has shown to have a number of side affects. Below are a few listed
Jardiance can cause serious side effects, including and not limited to:
- Dehydration. JARDIANCE can cause some people to have dehydration (the loss of body water and salt). Dehydration may cause you to feel dizzy, faint, light-headed, or weak, especially when you stand up. You may be at a higher risk of dehydration if you: have low blood pressure, take medicines to lower your blood pressure, including water pills (diuretics), are on a low salt diet, have kidney problems, are 65 years of age or older.
- Ketoacidosis (increased ketones in your blood or urine). Ketoacidosis can be life threatening and may need to be treated in the hospital. Ketoacidosis occurs in people with type 1 diabetes and can also occur in people with type 2 diabetes taking JARDIANCE, even if blood sugar is less than 250 mg/dL. Stop taking JARDIANCE and call your doctor right away if you get any of the following symptoms, and if possible, check for ketones in your urine: nausea, vomiting, stomach-area (abdominal) pain, tiredness, or trouble breathing.
- Serious urinary tract infections. Serious urinary tract infections can occur in people taking JARDIANCE and may lead to hospitalization. Tell your doctor if you have symptoms of a urinary tract infection such as a burning feeling when passing urine, a need to urinate often or right away, pain in the lower part of your stomach or pelvis, or blood in the urine. Sometimes people also may have a fever, back pain, nausea, or vomiting.
- Vaginal yeast infection. Women who take JARDIANCE may get vaginal yeast infections. Talk to your doctor if you experience vaginal odor, white or yellowish vaginal discharge (discharge may be lumpy or look like cottage cheese), and/or vaginal itching.
- Yeast infection of the penis. Men who take JARDIANCE may get a yeast infection of the skin around the penis, especially uncircumcised males and those with chronic infections. Talk to your doctor if you experience redness, itching or swelling of the penis, rash of the penis, foul smelling discharge from the penis, and/or pain in the skin around the penis. https://www.jardiance.com/lower-blood-sugar,December2015.
There are over 26 million children and adults in the United States, >14% of the population, have diabetes. The current rate of people becoming diabetic in the United states is doubling every 8 years. This has resulted in a windfall for pharmaceutical companies capitalizing on this disease with drugs designed to treat type 2 diabetes, but not deal with the underlying cause. These drugs have serious side effects.
One of the most popular diabetes drugs, Avandia, was pulled off the market in 2011 after a number of studies showed that the drug increased the risk of heart attacks among type 2 diabetes patients. The manufacturer of the drug reached a $3 billion settlement in December 2011 over its fraudulent marketing of the drug, the largest federal criminal drug-company settlement to date.
What can Be Done? What is the Cause?
People must take charge and responsibility of their health outcomes. Consuming a whole foods, plant based diet is crucial as is exercise and drinking clean filtered water to reverse type 2 diabetes. Laziness, where pressing the keys on a remote to change a television station becomes the norm for exercise, has to stop. Our fast paced world of increased technology with the mind frame of more is better and pulling into a fast food death trap for your breakfast, lunch and/or dinner does not represent good health. It saddens me to see 3,4,5… year old children that are morbidly obese; teenagers that are tipping the scales at 200+ pounds. Parents, what are you thinking?
To reverse type 2 diabetes change must take place. One must be willing to forgo fast food, eating out 3-4 times a week, consuming fat, oil, and sugar. Changing the way you eat, the way you look at food and how you control impulse eating must change to maintain and sustain a healthy lifestyle. The adverse affect on consuming high fatty food like beef, pig, dairy product, and processed foods is the cause of diabetes.
Everybody, I believe, has an aha moment where they say, “I’ve had enough. I want better.” For those individuals that have yet to experience that aha moment I ask, when is now? There is no right way to make a wrong decision. And, there is no wrong way to make a right decision. The choice is yours. You can create, through determination and desire, that aha moment by evoking change. Take hold of that aha moment and experience the freedom of no longer being held captive by diabetes; by the drug companies. Do it for the health of it.